Saturday, February 25, 2017

Kitchen Pics

I thought I would share a few updated pics of the kitchen. 

It was rather dark when we bought the house, brown cabinets, fake wood counter tops, copper/brown back splash, tan linoleum floors... 




Right now we don't have the time or money to completely redo the kitchen, but with a few changes it is so much brighter and feels quite spacious.

We expanded the opening between the kitchen and dining room and laid the same flooring in both.



I decided to pain the cabinets white and I added brushed nickel hardware. We painted the walls the same barely there gray that we painted the rest of the house.

Chaos while painting the cabinet doors. 

This is what it looks like now. I would really like to change out the counter tops and back splash and get a farmhouse sink. I still need to paint the island, but just haven't wanted to make another mess or start another project.
Also, I'll just admit it, I love the white cabinets, but I don't think they will stay clean and they are already chipping in a few spots... So I think I will paint them a very light gray when we actually redo the kitchen, but who knows when that will be!








I love this window. I can see the sunrise through it every morning. It is one of my favorite things about this house, that I didn't even know I would love! 



No comments:

Post a Comment